ANNOUNCING TWO EXCITING GRANT OPPORTUNITIES FROM CHNA 20!
COMMUNITY GRANT (RFR-A)
Grants ranging from $500 - $3,500 will be available to support programs, events and sustainable change projects which will serve and benefit CHNA 20 communities and their residents in 2013 for the project period of July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014.
IMPACT GRANT (RFA-B)
One to two grant awards in the amount of $3,600 to $10,000 will be made in the newly formed Impact Grant area to support programs, and sustainable change projects which will serve and benefit CHNA 20 communities and their residents for the project period of July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. CHNA 20 expects the Impact Grant program opportunity to be a competitive process and the maximum funding that a single lead organization is eligible to receive in grant year is $10,000.
CHNA 20 ANTICIPATES THAT $55,000 IN OVERALL GRANT FUNDING WILL BE AWARDED TO ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES THIS FUNDING CYCLE.
IMPORTANT DATES AND MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSIONS (APPLICANTS MUST ATTEND AT LEAST ONE INFORMATION SESSION)
AFTERNOON INFORMATION SESSION: April 23, 2013—1:00-3:00 pm, Quincy Medical Center (Conference Room B/C - 1st floor), 114 Whitwell Street, Quincy.
EVENING INFORMATION SESSION: April 25, 2013 - 5:00-7:00pm, Quincy Medical Center (Conference Room B/C - 1st floor), 114 Whitwell Street, Quincy.
APPLICATIONS must be received via email by 5:00pm on May 16, 2013.
AWARD DECISIONS will be emailed on Thursday, June 20, 2013.
CLARIFICATION FROM MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSIONS:
In effort to support successful grant applications by all, we wanted to clarify the following:
• Regarding IMPACT GRANT Collaboration: Different departments within a municipality may apply together for an Impact Grant and it will be considered an acceptable collaboration.
• This being said, please remember: NO ONE MUNICIPALITY MAY RECEIVE MORE THAN $10,000 TOTAL BETWEEN COMMUNITY AND IMPACT GRANTS FOR THIS GRANT CYCLE.
• Communication and collaboration among municipal departments as well as outside agencies is strongly encouraged.
• Please refer to question 5 in the proposal Evaluation and Scoring Section to see how collaboration will be reviewed.
• When a proposal is received a confirmation of receipt email will be sent to applicant.
SUPPLEMENTAL DOCUMENTS FROM MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSIONS:
Resource Allocation Committee guides & oversees funding from CHNA 20 to the community
Final grant reports are due before December 31, 2012. Disbursement of 2013 grant funds are contingent upon successful receipt of 2012 project.
The calendar on this web-site will be updated soon with details of important dates regarding information sessions and grant due dates for 2012 AND 2013 grants.
Our Sincere Gratitude to our Funders
South Shore Hospital
IMPORTANT NOTE: it is the strong preference of the CHNA 20 Steering Committee to allocate resources as widely as possible, to the greatest number of distinct entities, serving the greatest, most diverse population. Accordingly, CHNA 20 will evaluate all qualified, well-considered proposals to ensure that our resources are supporting the greatest number and array of residents from all across the Blue Hills CHNA 20 region.