Stayed tuned for upcoming events!
Winter Meeting & Grants Showcase (download slides here)
January 19, 2018
To begin this year's winter general meeting, CHNA 20 staff and Steering Committee members provided a reflection on 2017, including how the work of the CHNA has aligned with new MA Department of Health regulations regarding the Determination of Need (DoN) program. Bob McCrystal, CHNA 20 Chair, highlighted the many activities and programs implemented during 2017 that reflected the statewide focus on health equity and social determinants of health, as well as a new regional approach to addressing community health efforts. CHNA 20 staff, Kym Williams and Ashley Stockwell, finished up the presentation by briefly discussing the focal points of 2018, including a heath equity task force and training opportunity, supporting collaborations to address complex problems and leverage new resources, strategic planning, building upon collaborations with CHNAs 7, 22, and 23, and increased member engagement.
For the second part of the event, attendees were able to hear from the nine CHNA 20 2017 Community grant recipients, as they joined panels related to Chronic Disease and Wellness, Behavioral Health, and Health Equity. The panelists answered questions related to the impact and sustainability of their grant funded projects, as well as the importance of cross-sector collaborations. Grantees were also available at the end of the meeting to further discuss the details of their projects and answer any questions.
- Fall 2017: Behavioral Health -- Stigma, Trauma, and Cultural Competency
- Summer 2017: The Role of Race and Culture in Social Determinants of Health
- Fall 2016: A Conversation about Behavioral Health: Supporting Change in Our Communities
- Summer 2016: Building Community Networks: Strategies to Identify and Foster Stronger Partnerships
- Winter 2015: Moving Beyond Silos: the value of collaborations, networks and multi-sector partnerships