We're sorry, there are no upcoming CHNA 20 events scheduled at this time. For local events and trainings, please visit our community calendar (link in the left column).
May 31, 2018
The CHNA 20 Spring General Meeting 2018 focused on the power of data. Lisa Braude (South Shore Mental Health, CHNA 20 Treasurer) provided an introduction to the benefits of data and how it can inform action. David Jones (BU School of Public Health) discussed the social determinants of health and provided highlights from his research on infant mortality in Georgia and Florida. Laurie Stillman (Milton Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition) focused on MSAPC's experience conducting a needs assessment to examine behavioral health issues in Milton.
For the second half of the meeting, attendees divided into groups to discuss prevalent health issues in our communities and identify gaps in the data that exist. Themes generated by the groups will direct next steps for a regional assessment effort.
- Winter 2017: CHNA 20 Strategic Planning & Grants Showcase
- Fall 2017: Behavioral Health -- Stigma, Trauma, and Cultural Competency
- Summer 2017: The Role of Race and Culture in Social Determinants of Health
- Fall 2016: A Conversation about Behavioral Health: Supporting Change in Our Communities
- Summer 2016: Building Community Networks: Strategies to Identify and Foster Stronger Partnerships
- Winter 2015: Moving Beyond Silos: the value of collaborations, networks and multi-sector partnerships